Careers and higher education guidance for students in Year 10 and 11 - NEW VERSION LIVE
MyCareerChoices is an exciting online careers programme that helps identify the career areas and A Level/IB choices in which the student is most interested. It encourages the student to research the careers using the programme and to start thinking about what their future could look like! The new improved online programme is designed with user friendly features to make careers advice and teaching easier and give students the valuable careers guidance they need in years 10 and 11.
MyCareerChoices: How does it work?
Students follow a structured approach based on 300 individual questions focusing on the student’s interests and skill set. Responses are analysed and each student receives instant* personalised results and feedback matching the student with selected career areas. Students are motivated and encouraged to use the platform to investigate their career options, research and make action plans alongside the support of their tutors.
- Students are guided through 300 individual questions online
- Interest based questions help to focus on interests and skill set
- Reflection on feedback, interest profile and overall matches
- Students are encouraged to explore career areas in greater detail
- Careers or jobs that appeal to the student are shortlisted
- Subject selections for post 16 qualifications are listed for consideration
- Time for revisiting and reflecting on any decisions made
- An action plan for the next steps of the student’s journey is created
- Keep all your research in one place for easy access now and in the future.
- New interactive interface saves you more time and is designed for students to self manage their careers research
- Meets the Gatsby benchmarks
- Friendly support and guidance from our customer service team
- Ability to monitor and manage student groups, data and results from one portal
- Supporting resources, including brochures and training resources available
- *Ability to delay or give instant feedback depending on your group requirements
- Reflection and Action Plan pages provides a focal point for discussion with staff, parents and advisers.
- Matches student interests and abilities with suggested career ideas
- Opens the student’s mind to new ideas and includes a suggested A level/ IB chart for selected career ideas
- New personalised login and support portal for students online giving access anytime.
- Self registration for students to set and reset their own passwords
- Useful careers information, WORKBRIEF, our unique comprehensive careers directory incorporating over 400 job descriptions to help students investigate a wide range of career choices
- Now available – videos on over 50 career areas, bringing their future career to life
- Students can use the new online planning and interactive section to plan and manage their research in one place
- Personalised online careers report, available online or as a downloadable pdf
- Follow-up interviews to give additional support – can be provided by MFC or done in house and supported by MFC.
Our interviewing service is an optional part of the MyCareerChoices programme. It provides:
- Either a single hand-over interview or a hand-over interview and a follow-up interview (after students have done some initial research).
- Hand-over interviews are designed to help the student understand and utilise the feedback and start focused research.
- Follow-up interviews help the student to reflect on the research findings and consider the implications in terms of choice of subjects for further study and action planning.
Benefits and advantages
- The interviews take place over a one or two day period
- They take place at a time which fits into the school schedule
- The interviewers ensure that the students understand how to make full use of their MyCareerChoices Workbook
- The students receive independent impartial advice on careers and/or HE issues
- The timetable is agreed in advance with the school to ensure minimum disruption and to accommodate pre-arranged commitments
- It helps school careers staff or tutors make best use of their time allocation.