Careers inspiration for 12-14 year olds
MyFirstChoices is a careers introduction programme for year 8 and 9 students that is designed to:
- Inspire them into thinking and learning about the many careers out there
- Let them understand why they may be happier working in one field over another
- Show them what people actually do in their jobs or careers
- Open their eyes to the factors that can influence their decision making at key stages
- Convey the importance of selecting suitable GCSE (or equivalent) subjects
- Reveal how interests and lifestyle can inform the right choices for the long term
- Guide them into carrying on further, effective research using resources in the careers room.
How it works:
MyFirstChoices gives teachers a set of visually appealing worksheets to form the basis of the students’ work. It can be integrated into lessons according to existing plans, or offers lesson plans that can be used as part of the school’s CEG programme.
The package includes:
- A one-year licence
- 3 lesson plans
- Student worksheets
- Suggested accompanying lesson plans